Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First homework assignment

click on this link >>>>> Dr. Preston's orientation video


     My reason for taking this AP course is to prepare myself for the AP exam at the end of the year. I also had Dr. Preston two years ago as a teacher and really enjoyed his class. Sure it's an English class, but from my experience it was so much more than that. It gave me a place to express myself through my thoughts without being judged and the class really encouraged me to think "outside the box".
     This coming up year I'm excited to read new pieces of literature and learn about different cultures. It's nice to not always just focus on American novels. One of the things that I am really nervous about is reciting the poems. Two years ago, i was absolutely terrible at it. That would have to be my weakest spot in the whole class. I can't remember long poems but I'll try to work on that.
     Being that this post is being written at 12:38am the morning of the first day of school, it is quite obvious that i have a problem with procrastination. I know this class has a lot of assignments that will have due dates in the future and I'd probably wait until the last minute to complete them but this year i want that to change! Of course I'm nervous about the due dates and time management on my part but i think with enough discipline that it can improve my bad habits.
     Lastly, I expect my knowledge and thinking to expand by taking this course. I want to be able to "think about my thinking" and look at my thoughts from an outside view. I want my brain to take everything in and learn about everything that is discussed in this class. I look forward to taking this course.

Laura Trenev
Per.0

No comments:

Post a Comment